Monday, October 31, 2011

Thanks Dear People!


This is long overdue heartfelt thanks to all my dear friends and family for all the love and support I have been receiving while undergoing my fight with breast cancer.  You will never know how much I appreciate all the many, many sweet get-well cards, prayers, words of encouragement, errands to the grocery store & pharmacy, chocolate shake dropped by my house, gifts that smell good, gifts that taste good, fun lunches, the beautiful prayer shawl, pajamas, books, restaurant gift cards, flowers, visits, uplifting facebook messages, caring texts, phone calls (I love to your your voices!!), emails, and taking me or meeting me at doctor appointments!  Thanks to Andrea, Monica's super talented hair stylist, for offering to trim my wig in which she did a beautiful job! Andrea is a jewel!  Also, thanks to my kind yard man who only trips my jasmine bed once a month ~ because he noticed my front patio was not swept off from the huge collection of pine needles & did it for me!  (My neighbors know I am OCD about sweeping off my front patio, but just couldn't muster up the energy the last couple of weeks!)  Plus all the other things I have forgotten momentarily because I can now claim to have "chemo brain".  You can never know how much this means to me.  It is what is getting me through it! 

Thank you all for your compassion, your kindness, and your generosity of spirit.  You continue to give me the courage, determination, strength, and hope to win this battle!  I thank God for each and every one of you!