Got my post-op instructions from my plastic surgeon today. This should be interesting!
- Avoid strenous activity, exercising, & lifting heavy objects greater than 10 pounds (keep heart rate less than 100 beats per minute) for up to 8 weeks after surgery.
- A light diet of liquids, soups, & jello the first 24 hours.
- Take pain medication with crackers or jello.
- You will walk bent over (flexed) & rise slowly over the first 2 weeks. (This may cause abdominal & back cramping.)
- Follow a balanced diet which needs to include 40 to 50 grams of protein a day. (How am I going to do that as a vegetarian????)
- Start walking as soon as possible, this helps to reduce swelling & lowers the chance of blood clots. Walk in a flexed position for the first 2 weeks.
- No driving for 3-4 weeks. You may resume driving when abdominal area will allow for sudden braking. But I can ride in the car with someone else driving - *hint*! I'll have to get out of this house!
- Wear surgical or sports bra for 6 weeks until all incisions heal. Do not wear a regular bra until this time.