Friday, September 23, 2011

On God's Track!

On God's track!  I spent the day yesterday at UTSW having my baseline tests done prior to beginning chemotherapy.  I started out with an echocardiogram, got injected with radioactive material, drank a quart of Berry Barium Smoothie (yuk), had Ct scan of chest, abdomen, and pelvic area, and lastly, had a nuclear medicine bone scan.  Had to do all this while fasting all day - so needless to say, on the drive home I dug into all the snacks I had packed!


I'm so glad to get this behind me.  Hopefully, I'll have a week off from doctor's appointments next week unless they spring a surprise on me via my chart email.

Looking foward to my high school 50th reunion weekend after this, then the oncologist will be back from Spain and the chemotherapy will begin probably the 2nd week in October - guessing because we don't even have the appointment yet to discuss the chemotherapy cocktail plan - which is dependent on the results of all the tests which have just been completed.

I plan to go buy yarn today so I can begin crocheting again.  First project will be an afghan requested by 14 year old granddaughter, Caitlyn.  I'm sure I'll get a lot of crocheted afghan projects done this fall and winter.  Here is the pattern I'm planning on making Caitlyn:


I'll also be doing a lot of reading - so email me suggestions of good books!  I got to the hospital yesterday without my book, so I sneaked off to the gift shop and found an appealing summer romance novel which I'm enjoying - "Lakeside Cottage" by Susan Wiggs.