Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Test Day Plans

I have an appointment at Methodist Hospital in Mansfield Thursday to get all my tests out of the way.  I will have a Breast MRI, CAT scan of chest and abdomen, and total body bone scan.  These tests are to see if the cancer has spread from the breast - PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THAT IT HAS NOT!!!!

Chemotherapy will be after the mastectomy surgery, unless the cancer has spread.  Then, chemotherapy will be done before the surgery.  I pray that is not the case.

I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning, and cannot eat or drink after midnight Wednesday.  It will be a long day of tests - approximately 6 hours.  Monica will take me, Michele will come to the hospital to stay with me, then Monica will take me home.  The results will be in either Friday or Monday.

I will be receiving a call later today to schedule my appointment to consult with the plastic surgeon.  That could be a trip to either his Southlake, Fort Worth, or Keller office.