Tuesday, August 16, 2011

5 Days Post Surgery & Doing GREAT!

I haven't been able to blog because my laptop is home and Monica has been using hers to teach her online classes.  So I'm playing catch up this afternoon.

I have had 2 great nights and days - hooray!  I am over the nausea and feeling no pain!  Shoulders and back ache a little from the sleep position I have to assume so I bought a new heating pad this afternoon.  That should do the trick along with ibuprofen.

Just went to hair salon & got hair chopped off to a pixie cut!  Less hair to mess with now & less hair to fall out next month.  Monica said it looks like Jamie Leigh Curtis' hairdo - you know, the Activia commercial lady - ha!  Then we went school supply shopping for Ella - I needed to get the walking execise in.  We went to Office Max and Wal-Mart and still couldn't find everything on her list!  Where in the world do you find white construction paper and a 13" pencil box? 

I cooked great northern beans today for our family dinner and am making cornbread - plus sliced tomatoes and sliced purple onion.  I feel so good and cooking is good off the couch exercise.  : )

I plan to go home tomorrow.  I'm ready for the comforts of my bed and recliner!  It has ben great staying with Monica and Brion and the girls, but I'm ready to have access to all my things! And you can take just so much Disney channel! We are just unsure as to when I can drive. I don't know if I have to wait until the drain comes out or what.  I guess I'll call the nurse tomorrow and ask.  We will go by the grocery store on the way home so I can stock up on healthy food items and not need to get out.

I am anxious to get with friends and make all I can out of the next month before I start with the oncologist.  What is it they say, "Make hay while the sun shines!"  Well, alright!

Lizzie has not left my side since I got home, by the way!  She is such a sweet doggie!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!  Just keep praying that the pathology report comes back okay.