Monday, August 22, 2011

Pathology Report

I was surprised to get a phone call just now from Dr. Euhus, my breast surgeon. He asked if anyone had called me last week with the results of my pathology report, which they had not. Anyway, he said the tumor was 8 cm and that he would classify the 3 lymph nodes as "negative" - which is a good thing. Meaning they don't have to go in and take anymore lymph nodes. Relief!! He said that 2 of the lymph nodes had "isolated cells" in them, but he would still consider them "negative".

He said he would see me Friday to check out my healing from the surgery and removed the drain.

He asked when I see Dr. Haley, the oncologist. I told him it was September 13 and he said that should be ample time for the surgery to heal and to begin chemotherapy. He said she may want to conduct additional tests before she begins treatment - MRI, etc. I'm just hoping that I'm not feeling any chemotherapy sickness on Sept. 30 & Oct. 1 so I can enjoy my 50th Grand Prairie High School Reunion! Go Gophers!